Brexit is done! Relax, not much has changed…

Now that the UK has left the EU you might be concerned about drastic changes to holidaying in 2021 and beyond. But fear not, the vast majority of things will remain the same and there are just a few things you need to do before travelling:



You can still use your passport

If you have a British passport, you will need to have at least six months left on your passport and it must have been issued within the last 10 years. You can use the Government’s passport checker to see if you need to renew your passport.


You won’t need a Visa to go on holiday

Visas are only necessary if you’re planning to stay in the EU for more than 90 days in any 180-day period. 


Your EHIC is still valid

As long as your European Health Insurance Card is still in date then it will remain valid. After that, you’ll get a new UK Global Health Insurance Card (GHIC) – find out more here. We still recommend you take out adequate travel insurance to cover you and your party as you normally would.


Check you have the right driving documents

If you’re planning to hire a car during your holiday, you might need some additional documents including an International Driving Permit (IDP) depending on where you’re going and for how long.  Find out more here.

Check if you’re charged for Data Roaming

The rules around mobile data roaming are changing meaning you may face charges for calls, texts or using the internet within the EU. It’s best to check with your mobile phone provider before you travel.

You may need to queue separately

When travelling to the EU you might be asked to show your return ticket and prove you have enough money to last for the duration of your holiday. Plus, you’ll queue in a separate lane on arrival..